Most farm properties are salable by the auction method. All kinds of farms, including row-crop, pasture / livestock, sod, orchard, vineyard, domestic fowl, fish, forestry and wildlife properties are sold at auction. One approach to access auction viability would be to use the “two-thirds rule” to the marketplace, property, and seller’s scenario: If 2 out of 3 components (marketplace, property, seller) tend positively toward an auction, then an auction should be considered.
Advantages and benefits of farm auctions…
- Property sells for cash, “As Is” and without contingencies from buyers.
- Creates competitive bidding by buyers.
- Buyers know to come prepared to buy.
- Auctions eliminate numerous and unscheduled showings.
- Auctions set the market value.
- Auctions reduce the time property is on the market thus reducing money spent for taxes, insurance, and maintenance.
- Seller sets the terms and conditions of the sale.
- Seller knows exactly when the sale of the property will close.
- Auctions generate interest and excitement.
- Auctions also create back-up bidders.
- Closing within 30 days or less.
Yes, We Do Farm Auctions!
Farm auctions not only create buyers interest, curiosity, and excitement but by selling at auction, seller is eliminating the lookers. Buyers know they must be qualified to buy and close on the property or run a chance of forfeiting their earnest money they put up the day of the sale thus also creating only serious buyers. Selling at auction not only creates a quicker sale, sets the market value, letting the seller move on with other investments or goals. One of the best times to sell is between crops.
With an extensive advertising program, including Internet, email, newspaper, radio, mailings, flyers, brochures, and a visual tour of your property placed on our website we can attract qualified buyers from all over. Foreman Auction Service would love the opportunity to talk with you at no obligation on the possibly of your next farm or land auction.